In art class

In art class

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Book Page Projects (Art 1-2)

The Man with the Long Flag
Personal Comment: My theme for this project was war. I started by gluing two pages of Lord of the Flies onto construction paper. Then I painted over the pages leaving only particular words to still be seen. When I first saw the page with William Golding on it I automatically knew that I wanted to paint his beard at an exaggerated length. Then upon examining the words I found that they were all war related, leading me to paint war paint on his face and add an American Flag in the background. This turned out exactly how I wanted it and I plan to use it in my art portfolio.
Materials: Constuction Paper, book pages, temperate paint
Bobbing for Gnomes

Personal Comment: My theme for this project was Tsunamis. The words I choose to let stay "a float" described what it was like for a Tsunami to hit and compleatly devastate an area. Using words and phrases like "bobbing" "wave after wave" "head under", etc. The Gnomes were to symbolize that what once stood on the lawn of a household was now struggling to stay above the water that had swept it away from its once pleasant dwelling. I painted the entire scene with acrylic paint so that I could go into much greater detail than possible with just  temperate paint. Overall it turned out exactly how I had envisioned it.
Materials: Construction Paper, book pages, Acrylic paint, glue glitter
Pour Me More Pain

Personal Comment: My theme for this project was pain. I wanted to depict what it is like for family's who experience the pain of alcoholism in there family.Using words and phrases like "glass after glass", "drunk", "bloody", "door slammed", etc. To create this project I used mixed media, a combination of acrylic paint and glitter glue paste. I painted out the original scene of blood pouring out of a beer bottle, then I put ascents on them using the glitter.
Materials: Construction Paper, book pages, Acrylic paint, glue glitter, fabric paint
Positively Main Street


No comments:

Post a Comment